Friday, February 28, 2014

The Taj

“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharial Nehru


When I accepted this assignment and people heard I was coming to India, one of the first questions they asked me was "are you scared you're going to get diarrhea?"

The next question they asked was "are you going to see the Taj Mahal?"

The Taj Mahal is in Agra, which is about 210km from Delhi and about 800km from Bangalore, where I am living and working. That meant I would have to fly into Delhi then be driven to Agra.

Going to the Taj Mahal while in India is almost like a pilgrimage. You simply have to do it. It'd be like going to Paris and not bothering to see the Eiffel Tower, or going to Rome and missing the Coliseum.

So I finally found some time in my schedule, contacted a family friend's referral to set up a guide, and bought my tickets that would send me through Delhi on my way back from Nepal.

It's been a pretty tiring week, a lot of long car rides and a cold to top it off, but the Taj Mahal is absolutely worth it.

The main gate
Walking through the main gate







It's pretty spectacular isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment