Sunday, February 16, 2014

C.R.E.A.M

This is my shout out to the Wu-Tang Clan who back in 1993 proclaimed "CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME".

I love foreign money. I always try to keep some from my travels. Whether it's 1 bill or 1 coin or a whole slew of bills coins.

US Dollars, while basically the international benchmark for determining value, is pretty boring. It's all the same size and color. Though the newer bills are getting some newer features that make it more interesting.

The cash here in India and in Sri Lanka is quite stunning to look at. Especially the Sri Lankan Rupee.

Sri Lankan Rupee
Indian Rupee
Size comparison. I have to fold the 1000 Indian Rupee into thirds to fit it into my wallet. 
I also have no less than five different 5 Indian Rupee coins along with a 5 rupee note. Talk about confusing. These are my favorite though. Every time I see the 1 rupee coin, I want to say "Thumbs up!"



No comments:

Post a Comment