Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Meal of Champions...or not

I think Wheaties had an ad campaign in conjunction with the Olympics when I was a kid and the slogan was "Breakfast. The meal of champions" or something like that.

Here in India, people's minds are completely blown away by the fact that I generally don't eat breakfast. They even call to remind me and I politely decline.

In Sri Lanka, my hotels came with free breakfast.

Number of times I took advantage of it. - 0

I've been in India for a month. Breakfast is also free.

Number of times I've gone down to eat breakfast - 1 (and I got Delhi Belly that night. Maybe a reason I haven't eaten it since... just saying...)

Every morning I leave for work and someone at the front desk will chase after me to ask "Sir, you don't want breakfast?"

Don't get me wrong. Breakfast is my favorite meal. I'll get it in Mountain View if one of my friends wants to go but I think I've gone on my own initiative maybe 2 or 3 times in a year.

I guess the term is also relative because my usual breakfast at LinkedIn is a banana and a yogurt parfait from the micro kitchen and a cup of coffee that I have at home before I leave for work. So I am eating, just not sitting down for a meal of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, biscuits and gravy, and all those other delicious things. Except on weekends. Then I'm happy to cook all those things. Yummmm...

I know breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day because it loads you up with calories and energy to expend for the rest of the morning. Or so says health freaks.

I just prefer to lie in bed for an extra 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment