Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Welcome to my humble abode

Since I'm moving tomorrow I figured I better pay respect to my current residence.

Say hello to Justa - The Residence, Indiranagar.

Here's the front door and underground garage
If I hadn't been such a moron and confirmed the address of LinkedIn Bangalore prior to arriving, I wouldn't have been introduced to the wonderful people who work at this little hotel. It's a converted apartment building but it has a nice little Asian flair.

The location is great, just off 100 Feet Road. I posted about 100 Feet Road earlier so I won't repeat myself, but there is plenty of restaurants and things around. I discovered a bakery around the corner the other way I walked so stopped by after work today to buy some fresh bread and pastries.

The down side of course is it took me 68 minutes today to go 11 miles. It only took me 45 to get back but I left the office at 4pm.

If LinkedIn hadn't moved, I would have been happy to stay here.

The front facade. My room is the 2nd one above the garage

I got a "suite" so my bedroom is separate from the living room. It's a nice arrangement and definitely makes it feel not so "hotel-ey".

I also have a kitchenette with a mini-fridge, microwave, hotplate, and coffee/tea maker.

I have 2 televisions (though I have yet to watch any tv), a love seat, coffee table, a small desk, and a very comfortable lounge chair.

There are also ceiling fans and air conditioners in both the living room and bedroom. Central air would be nicer, but these work very well, in fact too well. It's directly over the bed so it's too cold to leave on at night. But it gets too hot without it. What I do is turn on the bathroom fan, the bedroom ceiling fan to low, and the AC on in the living room. The bathroom fan sucks in the cool air from the living room through the bedroom and the ceiling fan circulates it. Stupid? Yes. But it works. I don't wake up in a puddle of sweat or shivering anymore so don't judge me.





This is the view looking straight in from the front door
And to the left is the kitchette
Walk straight in to the desk and turn around and there's the front door, TV, and bedroom door
The queen sized bed. Pardon my mess.
The view from the far side of the bed back towards the living room. That's the bathroom and AC unit.
To the right is the TV and wardrobe. Pardon my mess again.
Lastly the bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment